COVID-19 UPDATE – STATE OF EMERGENCY – MARCH 18, 2020
As you know, the province declared a state of emergency yesterday. We are trying to find a way of helping our clients while protecting our staff. As such, the following changes are being implemented. We appreciate your understanding during this time.
– The waiting room remains closed. Please call the clinic at 780-250-1700 when you arrive for any reason and we will instruct you from there.
– We will be open for appointments on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9am-5pm. Surgery drop offs will continue to stay between 8-8:15am. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, we will have phone lines monitored by a Registered Veterinary Technician who will help triage and ensure we can do our best to meet the needs of your pet.
– We are unable to accommodate groups of people in the exam room. This means we will only allow one person per appointment. Please send a representative with your pet unless otherwise arranged.
– Please do not come to the clinic personally if:
- You have recently returned from travel outside of Canada
- You are feeling ill, exhibiting respiratory illness signs
- You have been in contact with an individual that has tested positive for COVID-19
- You are bringing in an animal that has been around a person who has tested positive for COVID-19. Pets can act as fomites.
- Instead please call the clinic for advice. We want to help you help your pet. We are trusting you to keep our staff safe as well.
– Please fill out our patient admission form on our website (www.tamarackvet.com) before your appointment. This is important for accurate triage and to decrease the number of “touches” when you get into the hospital. We know this virus can be transferred on fomites (objects).
– We are temporarily closed on Saturdays and recommend that our clients call Pulse Veterinary Specialists and Emergency at 780-570-9999 or Guardian Veterinary Centre at 780-436-5880. Please call before you go as both clinics also have protocols for patient entry at this time.
– Pet food orders – Our distributor will not allow us to order more than our regular orders at this time in order to preserve inventory and make sure stock is available for those who need it for as long as they are able. This means you cannot order extra food over what your normal order would be. Food orders will be placed on Wednesdays before 5pm as per usual. You will be called with an appointment time for pick up. We will be doing a “food to curb” service when you notify us by phone that you have arrived. We are accepting payment over the phone or e-transfer (please send to [email protected]) with a receipt sent via email or regular mail.
– Medication orders – Please place orders one week ahead of needing the medication. We cannot guarantee last minute prescriptions will be filled.
– We will continue to try to deliver medication and food to those who are in self-isolation or who are ill. Volunteers to help with this service are appreciated and we will call on you when needed. Thank you for your assistance in caring for our clinic family.